Who is Zhong Shanshan?
Zhong Shanshan is a Chinese businessman who has recently replaced India’s Mukesh Ambani as the richest person in Asia. Zhong Shanshan is the founder and Chairman of the largest beverage company in China, Nongfu Spring. It provides bottled water.
- This replacement of Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani was notified through the Bloomberg Billionaires Index of 500 richest people of the world.
- As per the index, Zhong Shanshan is the 10th richest billionaire and Mukesh Ambani has shifted to 11th
- The net worth of Zhong Shanshan is $77.8 billion this year. It has increased from $70.9 billion last year.
- This increase in wealth is the fastest in history and also before this inclusion in the top 10 billionaires of the world; Zhong Shanshan was almost not known outside China.
- The net worth of Mukesh Ambani is at present $76.7 billion.
- Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon Inc. is the richest person in the world.
- Bezos is followed by Elon R Musk at 2nd and Bill Gates at 3rd
Bloomberg Billionaires Index
It is an index that provides changes in the daily rankings of the richest 500 people in the world. It was started in the year 2012. In the starting, only the ranking of the top 20 richest persons was tracked and from then it has increased to tracking 500 richest people in the world. Due to editorial policies, the index does not include its billionaire founder Michael Bloomberg.