World Food India-2023
The food processing industry plays a vital role in the Indian economy, contributing significantly to GDP, employment generation, and exports. To further promote and develop the food processing industry, the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India, will host the second edition of ‘World Food India-2023’ from 3 to 5 November 2023 in New Delhi. Let’s take a closer look at the key elements and objectives of the event.
Objectives of World Food India-2023
The primary objectives of World Food India-2023 are to:
- Promote India as a global food processing hub: The event aims to showcase India’s strengths and capabilities in the food processing industry and promote it as a global hub for food processing.
- Highlight culinary diversity: World Food India-2023 will showcase India’s culinary diversity, featuring cuisines from different regions of the country.
- Attract investment: The event will provide a platform for investors to explore investment opportunities in the food processing industry in India.
- Explore business opportunities: World Food India-2023 will bring together industry stakeholders, policymakers, and entrepreneurs to explore business opportunities in the food processing industry.
- Encourage innovation and sustainability: The event will focus on promoting innovation and sustainability in the food processing industry.
Key Elements of World Food India-2023
World Food India-2023 will focus on five key elements, which are:
- Millets: Millets are small-grained, nutrient-rich cereals that have gained popularity as a healthy food option in recent years. The event will focus on promoting the cultivation, processing, and consumption of millets.
- Innovation and Sustainability: World Food India-2023 will encourage the use of innovative and sustainable practices in the food processing industry, such as the use of renewable energy and the reduction of food waste.
- White Revolution 2.0: The White Revolution, also known as the dairy development program, was a major success story in the Indian food processing industry. World Food India-2023 will focus on the next phase of the White Revolution, which aims to increase milk production and improve dairy processing technologies.
- Making India an export hub: The event will highlight India’s potential as an export hub for processed foods, and showcase the government’s initiatives to promote food exports.
- Technology and Digitization: World Food India-2023 will focus on the use of technology and digitization in the food processing industry, such as the use of artificial intelligence, blockchain, and automation.
No comments yet.