1st India-EU High Level Dialogue on Trade and Investment
The 1st High-Level Dialogue (HLD) between India and European Union on Trade and Investment was held on 5th February 2021. The meeting was co-chaired by the European Union Executive Vice-President & Trade Commissioner Valdis Dombrovskis and the Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The India-EU 1st High-Level Dialogue (HLD) was a major outcome of the 15th India-EU Leaderís Summit that was held in July 2020.
- The dialogue was established with an aim of Ministerial-level guidance towards the bilateral trade and investment relations.
- During the meeting, the ministers pointed the importance of solidarity and global cooperation after COVID-19.
- Both sides agreed for strengthening bilateral trade and investment relationships through a series of regular engagements, aiming at quick deliverable for the businesses in these tough times.
- The Ministers have also agreed to meet within the next 3 months, with an aim to reach a consensus on a host of bilateral trade & investment cooperation issues like an India-EU Multilateral Dialogue to explore further possibilities of cooperation; a bilateral Regulatory Dialogue; etc.
- The meeting was concluded with a commitment towards a renewed India-EU economic and commercial partnership showing the full potential of bilateral commercial relations.
15th India-EU Leaderís Summit
The summit was held in July 2020 and represented by PM Modi from the Indian side and President of the European Council Charles Michel along with President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen represented the other side. ďEU-India Strategic Partnership: A Roadmap to 2025Ē was adopted during the summit.