Economic Diplomacy Website
A dedicated website called Economic Diplomacy Website has been launched by the Union Ministry of External Affairs. This website has been designed to showcase India’s sectoral, economic, and state-wise strengths.
Key Points for UPSC Prelims
- This website is open to all and international business houses can access this site to view India’s multidimensional and dynamic business ecosystem.
- The website points out the opportunities in Agriculture exports in line with the vision of PM Modi for doubling the income of farmers by the year 2022.
- It serves as a medium to propagate India’s “Ease of Doing Business” policy and investment-friendly climate. It hosts the policy reforms, schemes, and incentives made available by the Government to facilitate investment.
- The website includes information on opportunities for agricultural exports, global mineral resources, and employment abroad for Indian nationals and businesses.
- The website will also connect investors to relevant Indian agencies like the Indian trade portal for trade with India, APEDA for agricultural exports in India, and Invest India for investment in India.
- The website also highlights ‘Brand India’ and explores the opportunities for boosting agricultural exports.
APEDA i.e. Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority is a body that handles the export promotion of agricultural products in India. It operates under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It was formed in the year 1986 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
Recently in February 2020, APEDA signed an agreement with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CSIR-CFTRI) for providing technical support to the food industries in the North East Region.
Written by IAS POINT