Europe’s Largest Solar Plant
The largest utility of Spain, Iberdrola SA and the food giant of France, Danone SA have signed an accord to build 590 MW-capacity photo-voltaic plant. This solar power plant is being dubbed as the largest such plant in Europe.
- This project will cost 300 million-euro and it will be located in the western province of Caceres.
- This plant will provide power to 29 supply points in Danone for 10 years.
- It will start supplying power from April 2022 as per the power purchase agreement.
- This plant will also contribute in reducing the emission of carbon dioxide by 245,000 tonnes.
- This continent is entirely located in Northern Hemisphere.
- Ural Mountains, Ural River, Caspian Sea, Greater Caucasus, Black Sea and waterways of the Turkish Straits separated Europe from Asia.
- The continent is the second smallest continent.
- In Europe, Russia is the largest and most populous country.
- It lies in the temperate climate zone.
- The Highest Peak of the continent is Mount Elbrus in Russia. Its height is 5,643 metres above the sea level.
- Lake Ladoga in north western Russia is the largest lake of the continent.
- Volga River which flows in Russia is the longest river in the continent. Its length is 3,530 kilometres.
About Kingdom of Spain
It is a country in Southwestern Europe. The country is located across the Strait of Gibraltar and the Atlantic Ocean. Canary Islands off the coast of North Africa and the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea are also the territories of Spain. Spain is Europe’s busiest subsidy-free photovoltaic market. Spain contributes highly in the photo-voltaic sector in entire Europe. In the year 2020, it had commissioned 2.9 GW while it added 729 MW of capacity in the year 2019.