India-SCO- CinemaSCOpe Movie Series Launched
Indian Embassy have launched a movie series “cinemaSCOpe” in China on December 13, 2020. the movie series has been launched exclusively for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- This event was jointly inaugurated by Indian Ambassador to China and the SCO Secretary General Vladimir Norov.
- ‘SCO Film Festival’ is also under consideration by the member States of SCO.
- Indian Embassy in Beijing has decided to build relationships through the cinema.
- In the movie series, more than two dozen Indian films has been dubbed in Russian language.
- The series would be screened on a monthly basis.
- The movie screening began with ‘Three Idiots’.
- The series will continue till India’s chairmanship of the SCO ‘Council of Heads of State’ meeting in the year 2023.
- The event will coincide with the “SCO Year of Culture” in 2021 when SCO will celebrate its 20 years of formation.
India has strengthen its diplomatic outreach to the SCO countries. It mostly rides on the popularity of Indian cinema in the SCO region. The SCO region is a confluence of diverse civilizations and a cradle of rich traditions of art and culture which is also reflected in the cinemas made in SCO countries that are globally appreciated.
Significance of Indian Cinema
Indian Cinema has influenced the world largely. The Global influence of Indian Cinema including the cinema from Bollywood is unparalleled. The cinema has helped India to propagate its Indian culture and civilizational message to the world.
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
SCO is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance. It was created on June 15, 2001 in Shanghai, China and came into force on September 19, 2003. The organisation was formed by the leaders of China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.