New Earth System Observatory of NASA
New Earth focused missions will be developed by NASA which will provide information that are key to guide efforts related to disaster mitigation, fighting of forest fires, climate change and improving the real-time agricultural processes. According to the statement released by NASA on Monday, the new Earth System Observatory will be fitted with uniquely designed satellites that will not only complement each other but will also work in tandem to create a 3D view of Earth, from the bedrock to the atmosphere.
The observatory will focus on
- Determining and answering how aerosols affect the global climate change.
- Forecasting of air quality, and prediction of severe climatic and weather changes.
- The observatory will provide assessments related to droughts and it’s forecasting, planning for agricultural water use, and will provide support during natural hazard.
- Will try to determine how the effect of climate changes will create an impact on food and agriculture, natural resources and habitation.
- The effect of Climate change on sea-level and landscape, hazard forecasts, and disaster impact assessments, including the dynamics of earthquakes, landslides, volcanoes, groundwater, glaciers and the Earth’s interior.
ISRO’s help regarding the observatory
NASA is currently in the process of formulating process and plans for the observatory. NASA in partnership with ISRO will work on a radar system that can measure the changes in the surface of the Earth within half an inch. The Radar system is called NASA-ISRO synthetic aperture radar (NISAR).
The creation and implementation of NISAR can measure some of the planet’s most complex processes such as ice-sheet collapse and other natural hazards such as earthquakes, landslides and volcanoes. Through the usage of NISAR natural resources and hazards can be managed in the future.
About Indian Space Research Organization
Formed in the year 1959, it’s headquarter is located in Bengaluru, India. The current chairman of ISRO is Kailasavadivoo Sivan
About National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Formed in the year 1958, it’s headquarter is located in Washington DC, USA. Bill Nelson has been appointed as the Administrator of NASA in the year 2021.