Second National Youth Parliament Festival- Key Facts
The Prime Minister of India is going to address the second National Youth Parliament Festival. The Parliament festival will be held on the occasion of National Youth Day which is observed on 12th January. The opening of the 24th National Youth Festival and the closing ceremony of the 2nd National Youth Parliament Festival will be conducted on January 12, 2021 in the Central Hall of Parliament.
National Youth Day
The National Youth Day is celebrated every year on January 12. The day marks the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
National Youth Festival (NYF)
- The National Youth Festival is celebrated every year from January 12th to 16th.
- This year, the National Youth Parliament Festival is also being organized along with the National Youth Festival.
- The National Youth Parliament Festival is celebrated with the objective of bringing the youth of the country together.
- It also showcases the talents of the youth and provide them an arena by creating a mini-India. In the arena of mini-India, the youth interact in formal and informal settings.
- They exchange their social and cultural uniqueness.
- The festival also promotes the national integration and the Spirit of communal harmony, brotherhood, adventure and courage.
Aim of the NYF
The NYF is organised with the aim of propagating the the spirit, essence and concept of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. The 24th National Youth Festival will be observed under the Theme: ‘YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka’. The theme suggests that, the youth bring alive the celebration of New India.
National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF)
The NYPF is organised with the objective of hearing the voice of youth aged between 18 and 25 years. The festival brings together the youth who are allowed to vote and are going to join various careers in coming years. The idea to organise the NYPF was put forward by the Prime Minister in his Mann Ki Baat Address in the year 2017. After that, the very first NYPF was organised in the year 2019 under the Theme “Be the Voice of New India and Find solutions and Contribute to Policy”. The festival is organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.