SEHAT Scheme for J&K
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be launching the SEHAT scheme in Jammu and Kashmir on December 26. SEHAT means Social Endeavour for Health and Telemedicine.
What is SEHAT Scheme?
SEHAT is an initiative launched by the Indian government in association with Apollo Hospital in the year 2015 with an aim to set up telemedicine centers in rural areas of the country. In these centers, rural people can consult doctors online and can also order generic drugs. The initiative aimed to connect 60,000 common service centers in the country.
- After the rolling out of the SEHAT scheme in Jammu & Kashmir, the Union Territory will be among the first in the country to achieve Universal Health Coverage.
- At present, 30 lakh people are covered in Jammu and Kashmir under Ayushman Bharat PM Jan Arogya Yojana- PMJAY.
- With the launch of the SEHAT scheme on December 26, the Golden Cards distribution will also be started.
- As per the reports, as of now, 16 lakh registrations have been done in J&K.
- A review meeting was also held for the smooth implementation of the scheme. The review meeting was headed by Atal Dulloo, Financial Commissioner, Health and Medical Education.
PM Jan Arogya Yojana- PMJAY
PM Jan Arogya Yojana is one of the two components of Ayushman Bharat. It was launched in 2018 in Ranchi, Jharkhand. It is a health assurance scheme that aims to provide a health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per year per family for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to around 50 crore vulnerable and poor families (over 10.74 crores beneficiaries).