Swachh Bharat Awards- 2020
The Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Skekhawat presented the Swachh Bharat Awards, 2020 on October 2, 2020. The awards were presented under the cleanliness and drinking water categories.
- The key three categories of the awards were: Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya, Gandagi Mukth Bharat and Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan. The winners under the subsequent categories were:
- Samudayik Shouchalaya Category
- Gujarat won the first prize at state level.
- Tirunelveli of Tamil Nadu got the first prize at district level.
- Kharchrod block in Ujjain district, Madhya Pradesh won the first prize at block level.
- Chinnanur village of Tamil Nadu got the first prize a Gram Panchayat level
- Samudayik Shouchalya category
- Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh came out to be best performing states.
- Prayagraj and Bareilly were the best performing districts.
- Gandagi Mukt Bharat Mission
- Telangana and Haryana got the first prize.
Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shauchalaya
This initiative involve clean beautiful toilet contest. Under the initiative, toilets are decorated in order to pass show their significance.
Gandagi Mukt Bharat Abhiyan
This national level campaign aims to clean all cities, urban and rural areas. This initiative spreads awareness among people on proper sanitation, hygiene, clean roads and streets.
Swachh Bharat Mission
Swachh Bharat Mission was launched in 2014. Presently, Government of India is implementing Swachh Bharat Mission Phase II. Phase II of the mission focuses on open defecation free plus (ODF+). Phase II is being implemented between 2020-21 and 2024-25. Total funds allocated to this phase is Rs 1,40,881 crores. The ODF+ primarily focus on greywater management, plastic waste management, faecal sludge management and biodegradable solid waste management. This phase also generate employment by involving infrastructure programmes for compost pits, waste stabilisation ponds, soak pits, material recovery facilities.