All India Presiding Officers’ Conference to be Inaugurated in Kevadia, Gujarat
The All India Presiding Officers’ Conference will be inaugurated by the President Ramnath Kovind on November 25, 2020. This is a two day conference and it will be launched at the Statue of unity in Kevadia Gujarat. The theme of the conference this year is : “Harmonious Coordination of Legislative, Executive and Judiciary – Key to a Vibrant Democracy”.
- Vice President and Chairman of Rajya Sabha M. Venkaiah Naidu will also be present on the inaugural session.
- The Chairperson of the Conference is Shri Om Birla, the speaker of Lok Sabha. He will grace the two day conference.
- Apart from them, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the concluding session of the conference. He will address the session on November 26th. His address would mark the celebration of the constitution day.
- The Conference would conclude with the adoption of Declaration.
- During the Conference, an exhibition on the Constitution and Fundamental Duties will also be organised.
All India Presiding Officers Conference
The All India Presiding Officers Conference began in the year 1921. 2020 is the centenary year of the Presiding Officers Conference. The Conference has become a platform of sharing new experiences, ideas and thoughts for strengthening the democratic process over time. During the Conference, Presiding Officers of the Legislatures will discuss the need of better cooperation and coordination between the three pillars of the democracy. Better coordination is needed to strengthen the Indian democracy and to make it more effective. They would also discuss the ways to ensure the effective constitutional accountability of the legislature and the executive to the people of country. They will further discuss the issues related to the working of the Legislatures in a disciplined and orderly manner.