‘Know your Constitution’ Campaign in Schools and Colleges Soon
The Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has announced that the government will be starting a campaign named ‘Know your Constitution’ soon. This campaign will be started in colleges, schools, and universities across India.
- This announcement of the ‘Know your Constitution’ campaign was made by the speaker at an event.
- The campaign will be beneficial in increasing knowledge about the constitution in the students and youth.
- The event organized by the Panchayati raj department of Uttarakhand.
- The subject of the event was- Panchayati Raj System – Empowering Decentralised Democracy.
- The framework of the ‘Know Your Constitution’ campaign has already been created.
- The government aimed to start it earlier but it was delayed due to COVID-19.
Panchayati Raj System
Panchayati Raj is a system that was first adopted on October 2, 1959, by Rajasthan. It is a governance system under which gram panchayats are the main units of administration. There are three levels of Panchayati Raj Institutions- the Gram Panchayats at the village level, the Ksetra Panchayats at the block level, and the District Panchayats at the district level.