New CBI Director appointed
Subdh Kumar Jaiswal, 1985 batch IPS officer of the Maharashtra cadre, has been appointed on 25th May as the new director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He has been appointed as the director of CBI for a period of 2 years.
About Mr. Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
- Born in the year 1962 in Dhanbad.
- He was the Director General of Police, Maharashtra before being called up for central deputation.
- Earlier this year he was appointed as the head of the Central Industrial Security Force.
- He has also served for a period of nine years under the Research and Analysis Wing (RA&W) during which he served as an additional secretary of RA&W for 3 years.
- Mr. Jaiswal has also served under the Intelligence Bureau.
- He succeeds Rishi Kumar Shukla as the new head of CBI.
About Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
CBI operates under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and pensions of the Government of India. It was formed in the year 1942 and it’s headquarter is located in New Delhi.
About Research and Analysis wing of India (RA&W)
RA&W is the foreign intelligence agency of India that deals with counter terrorism, gathering foreign intelligence, protecting India’s foreign strategy interests, etc. RA&W was formed in the year 1968 and it’s headquarter is located in Delhi. Samant Goel IPS is the current chief of RA&W.