PMKVY 3.0 to be launched
Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will be launching the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) on January 15. The third phase will be launched in 600 districts across all states of the country.
- PMKVY 3.0 has an aim to train 8 lakh candidates during 2020-2021.
- The total outlay for providing this training is Rs. 948.90 crores.
- The focus of the third phase will be COVID-19 related skills and new-age skills.
- The training under phase 3 of Skill India Mission PMKVY 3.0 will be provided by 729 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKKs), empaneled non-PMKK training centres, and over 200 ITIs.
- This training will create a robust pool of skilled professionals.
Skill India Mission
Skill India Mission was launched by PM Modi on July 15, 2015. Skill India Mission is managed by the National Skills Development Corporation of India (NSDC). Skill India Mission was launched with an aim to train (skill training) more than 40 crore people by the year 2022. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is the flagship scheme under the mission.