What is CollabCAD software?
The National Informatics Centre (NIC) and the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to jointly launch the CollabCAD Software.
About CollabCAD Software
- CollabCAD software is a collaborative network enabled and desktop CAD (Computer -Aided Design) system.
- The software system will be launched in order to provides a total engineering solution ranging from the 2D drafting and detailing to 3D product design.
- It is being designed for the students and faculty of Engineering Graphics Curriculum.
Significance of the software
This collaborative model of CollabCAD software system enables the multiple designers to create and modify the part data across a network. It also enables them to concurrently access the same design data for storage and visualization.
e-book on CollabCAD 3D modelling
- The NIC, CBSE, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and NITI Aayog will also be releasing a comprehensive e-book on CollabCAD 3D modelling, Jointly.
- The eBook 1.0 is ready for public release by the CollabCAD portal.
- This book will guide CAD students, beginners, and professionals in understanding and using the CollabCAD Software system.
- This initiative has been launched with the objective of providing a platform for students across India so as to create and modify the 3D digital designs.
- This will allow the students a free flow of creativity and imagination.
- The software further seeks to enable students to collaborate on the designs across the network and access the same design data for storage and visualization.
National Informatics Centre (NIC)
It is an attached office working under the aegis of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). Â It provides the infrastructure to help support the delivery of government IT services. It also helps in the delivery of some of the initiatives of Digital India. It was established in the year 1976.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
This flagship initiative of India seeks to create and promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country. This initiative was launched with the objective of developing new programmes and policies to foster innovation in different sectors of the economy. The initiatives under the mission have helped India to improve its position in the Global Innovation Index from 81 Â in 2015 to a position of 48 in 2020.