CBDT: New Portal to File Tax Evasion Complaints
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has recently launched a dedicated and automated e-portal on the e-filing website of the department for receiving and processing tax evasion complaints, foreign undisclosed assets as well as grievances related to Benami properties.
- This dedicated e-portal has been launched for encouraging people to participate as stakeholders in eliminating tax evasion.
- After the launch of the portal, people can now file a tax evasion complaint on the e-filing website of the department.
- In order to file a complaint, people have to visit https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in; click on the “File complaint of tax evasion/undisclosed foreign asset/Benami property” tab and file their complaint.
- The new facility is allowed for persons who have PAN and Aadhaar cards as well as those who have no PAN or Aadhaar.
- People will be able to file their complaints through an OTP-based validation process.
- The complaints can be filed for violations of Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Assets and Income) Imposition of Tax Act, 1961, the Income Tax Act, 1961, and Prevention of Benami Transactions Act. Three separate forms are available on the website for violations against the 3 acts.
- A unique number will be allotted after the successful filing of the complaint and the complainant can use the unique number to check the status of his/her complaint.
This e-portal will increase the interaction of people with the department and will also be a step towards e-governance.