India’s Biggest Logistics Park to Come up in Sanand, Gujarat
The largest multi-modal logistic park in India will be constructed in Gujarat. An agreement in this regard was signed in the presence of Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani.
- The country’s largest multi-modal logistic park will be constructed at Virochan Nagar near Sanand in Ahmedabad district of Gujarat.
- The Gujarat Government and Adani Port and SEZ Ltd. signed an agreement for the multi-model logistic park in Gandhinagar.
- The agreement was signed by Karan Gautam Adani of Adani Ports and SEZ Ltd. and the Additional Chief Secretary M.K. Das.
- The park will be constructed in an area spread over 1,450-acre.
- This park will also have a dedicated air cargo complex with a 4.6-kilometer-long runway to handle even large-sized cargo aircraft.
- It will provide direct road, air, and rail connectivity.
- The logistics park will provide direct rail connectivity with a dedicated freight corridor which is part of the Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor.
The total investment for constructing a multi-modal logistic park will be approximately Rs 50,000 crore. The park will also have the potential to generate indirect and direct employment for 25,000 persons. The multi-modal park will be completed in the next 3 years.