Swaran Jayanti Shahri Rozgar Yojana
The Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojna (SJSRY) is the main poverty alleviation programme in the urban areas. The SJSRY seeks to provide gainful employment to the urban unemployed and under-employed poor by encouraging the setting up of self employment ventures and provision of wage employment. The two Schemes under SJSRY are the Urban Self Employment Programme (USEP) and the Urban Wage Employment Programme (UWEP). The UWEP includes a component for assistance to groups of urban poor women under the title ï¿½Scheme for Development of Women and Children in Urban Areasï¿½ (DWCUA).
Jan Dhan Yojana
The BJP-led NDA government (2014) launched ï¿½Jan Dhan Yojnaï¿½ scheme which the government claimed would eradicate financial un touchability by providing bank accounts to the poor, covering 7.5 crore people by January, 2015. Such account-holders would be provided zero-balance account with debit card, life insurance cover of ` 30,000/- in addition to accidental insurance cover of ` 1 lakh, they would also enjoy an over-draft facility of ` 5000/-
The Swavalamban Programme (2014) aims at befitting the poor. It is also called the self reliance drive. The object is to emphasise the needs to frame policies which ensure dignity with self-sufficiency to the needy. The schemes to be launched under the Swavalamban programme include: v Aid for milch cattle and equipmentï¿½s to tribal women. v Milking machines and chaff cutters for cooperative rural milk producing women groups. v Assistance to cooperative milk producing women groups to build ï¿½dudh gharï¿½.
- Mukhyamantri Amrutam Maa Vatsalya Yojana for construction labourers suffering from occupational health diseases.
- Interest benefit to farmers to build warehouses in farms.
- Tablet distribution to ITI apprentice studying computer courses.
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Young Entrepreneurs Scheme. v Benefit in interest on self-employment loan to ITI apprentices
- Shri Nanaji Deshmukh Housing Scheme.
- Dattopant Tengdi labor interest assistance scheme for construction laborers; and
- Impex-Bï¿½s formation to expand employment-oriented services and middle-class oriented schemes.
Written by princy